- Local Business
- Public Safety
- Youth & Family
- Get Involved
LNA Looking For Graffiti Busters
The Lyndale Neighborhood Association (LNA) is an award-winning, nationally recognized community-based organization in South Minneapolis on the cutting edge of community development. LNA is currently seeking two energetic people to be Graffiti Busters for Lyndale.
This is a part time seasonal position without benefits. LNA Graffiti Busters will play an integral role in helping to eliminate graffiti in Lyndale. Graffiti Busters will be responsible for identifying, cataloguing, reporting, and cleaning up graffiti in Lyndale.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify incidents of graffiti throughout the Lyndale neighborhood
- Catalogue graffiti in LNA’s property system
- Report graffiti to the City of Minneapolis
- Clean up graffiti throughout Lyndale – this will require the employee to work with a variety of graffiti clean up products
- Work with the City of Minneapolis to clean up graffiti on public property
- Work with property owners and managers to gain permission to clean up graffiti on their property
- Other duties as assigned
A competitive candidate will have:
- Be at least 18 years of age by June 1st, 2012
- Be willing to work outdoors
- Have volunteer experience with community/neighborhood-based organizations
- Experience working with diverse populations; demonstrated experience with immigrant communities preferred
- Good leadership and personal organizational skills
- Solid written and oral communication skills; computer proficiency a must
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evening and weekend hours
- A passion and love for building a healthy community
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Willingness and ability to work with Graffiti clean-up products
- Must be willing to furnish their own transportation to and around the neighborhood
Compensation for this position will be $10 an hour with an average of 10 to12 hours per week for approximately 12 weeks starting in June and running into September. Part-time employment, paid on a bi-weekly basis.
Application review will begin on Monday, June 22nd 2012 and will be open until the positions are filled.
Graffiti Buster Search
Lyndale Neighborhood Association
3537 Nicollet Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55408
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information, contact Norma Pietz at 612-824-9402 x 15, or email@example.com.
LNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mon, 2012-06-18 17:32
Saturday, December 144:00 pm to 7:30 pm
¡Ya viene lo mejor tiempo del año! Júntate con nosotros para el gran evento anual de La Posada donde habrá comida, Santa, aguinaldos, comunidad y más.
The most wonderful time of year is coming! Join us at our grand annual event, La Posada. There will be delicious food, Santa, gifts, community, and more!
Event Ambassadors/Embajador de evento:
It’s that time again! La Posada is just around the corner and there are many opportunities to help out with this great event. Tamales, dancers, community, and Santa all make this one of the most special events of the season. We’ll need help with set up, food service, activity helpers, clean up, children wrangling, and just general help with the merriment. Contact Aryca (firstname.lastname@example.org – 824-9402 ext. 26) to learn more about each opportunity and to sign up for a shift.