- Local Business
- Public Safety
- Youth & Family
- Get Involved
LNA Looking For Graffiti Busters
The Lyndale Neighborhood Association (LNA) is an award-winning, nationally recognized community-based organization in South Minneapolis on the cutting edge of community development. LNA is currently seeking two energetic people to be Graffiti Busters for Lyndale.
This is a part time seasonal position without benefits. LNA Graffiti Busters will play an integral role in helping to eliminate graffiti in Lyndale. Graffiti Busters will be responsible for identifying, cataloguing, reporting, and cleaning up graffiti in Lyndale.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify incidents of graffiti throughout the Lyndale neighborhood
- Catalogue graffiti in LNA’s property system
- Report graffiti to the City of Minneapolis
- Clean up graffiti throughout Lyndale – this will require the employee to work with a variety of graffiti clean up products
- Work with the City of Minneapolis to clean up graffiti on public property
- Work with property owners and managers to gain permission to clean up graffiti on their property
- Other duties as assigned
A competitive candidate will have:
- Be at least 18 years of age by June 1st, 2012
- Be willing to work outdoors
- Have volunteer experience with community/neighborhood-based organizations
- Experience working with diverse populations; demonstrated experience with immigrant communities preferred
- Good leadership and personal organizational skills
- Solid written and oral communication skills; computer proficiency a must
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evening and weekend hours
- A passion and love for building a healthy community
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Willingness and ability to work with Graffiti clean-up products
- Must be willing to furnish their own transportation to and around the neighborhood
Compensation for this position will be $10 an hour with an average of 10 to12 hours per week for approximately 12 weeks starting in June and running into September. Part-time employment, paid on a bi-weekly basis.
Application review will begin on Monday, June 22nd 2012 and will be open until the positions are filled.
Graffiti Buster Search
Lyndale Neighborhood Association
3537 Nicollet Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55408
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information, contact Norma Pietz at 612-824-9402 x 15, or email@example.com.
LNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mon, 2012-06-18 17:32
Friday, June 217:00 pm to 9:30 pm
Join fellow Lyndalians for an evening of board games and cocktails. Indulge your competitive self and have fun showing off your gaming skills. Just picture yourself tipping your head back in conquest, fancy intoxicant in hand. Sweet sweet victory.
Monday, June 245:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Lyndale Annual Potluck and member meeting June 24th, 2013 from 5:30-8:00pm
Monday, June 246:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Join as at the Lyndale Annual Meeting on Monday, June 24th. Starting at 5:30 we will have a community potluck BBQ, with LNA providing stuff for the grill. At 7:00 pm we’ll have a short annual meeting that will get you all caught up on the past year and let you know what’s ahead.
Thursday, July 256:00 pm to 8:00 pm
We'll tour our neighbors gardens in Lyndale to get ideas for our own and to be impressed. The tickets and raffle are a fundraiser for the environment committee.
Fish Festivity Functionaries:
That great month of June is upon us and the Fish Fest beckons. One of the highlights of the year, Fish Fest brings the community together in a flurry of fish tacos, good tunes, activities, and water balloons! We need help with all aspects of the event from set up to tear down, opportunities include: event and food set up, food/drink serving, activity stewards, water balloon fillers, booth sitters, money takers, and clean up stars. Contact Aryca to sign up for a shift (firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-824-9402 ext. 26). Let us come together and hold the best Fish Fest ever!