Lyndale Neighborhood Association (LNA)
Executive Director Job Posting/Job Description
Title: Executive Director
Classification: Full time, nonexempt, 32-40 hours/week
Salary: $28.00-$35.00 per hour depending on experience
Benefits: PTO accrual (13 days per year/pro-rated based on hours worked) 8 paid holidays, optional pre-tax employee-paid group Dental & Vison plans, optional 3% Simple IRA employer match
Schedule: Flexible hours. Some nights and weekends required.
Location: Co-working office space at the LNA building in South Minneapolis at 35th and Nicollet.
How to Apply: Send resume, cover letter, and 3 references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by April 10th, 2023.
ABOUT THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION
LNA is looking for a passionate, community-focused, and self-directed leader to guide the organization in the next phase of the organization in accordance with the newly completed Strategic Plan. The three key areas of this work include:
- Community Engagement. LNA endeavors to engage residential and business stakeholders through effective communication, strategic partnerships, and diverse avenues for participation and to create projects, programs, and events to support and empower people in Lyndale equitably.
- Providing Direction, Support, and Oversight to LNA’s Staff. Besides guiding volunteers in the work of LNA, the Executive Director oversees multiple Staff members that run various programs including English as a Second Language, Digital Navigation and Literacy, Transition Programs to assist neighbors in accessing better jobs and careers.
- Fiscal Sustainability. LNA seeks to operate in ways that ensure the long-term health and stability of the organization. We are seeking a visionary Director who can help realize the potential assets, both property and human, and guide the neighborhood association to financial sustainability through grant writing, grassroots fundraising, and improved property utilization, including oversight and management of the properties that LNA owns, which includes six vacant parcels (community gardens) and the commercial office building.
The Executive Director will be responsible for ensuring the overall achievement of the Lyndale Neighborhood Association including reaching strategic goals, drafting program and event plans, overseeing the transparent financial management of all money and assets, managing the budgeting, maintaining community relations, acting as the liaison to the City of Minneapolis and other outside organizations. This is a full-time position that reports to the LNA Board of Directors.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English
- Second language ability preferred (Somali or Spanish)
- Social media, marketing, and technology proficiency
- Budgeting and financial oversight experience
- Proven grant writing and fundraising experience
- Direct experience overseeing and guiding staff
- Experience working with the City of MPLS in a neighborhood or nonprofit capacity
- Background in community organizing and engagement
- Knowledgable in board and volunteer leadership development and support
ABOUT THE LYNDALE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
LNA is recognized by the City of Minneapolis as the official community engagement organization for the Lyndale neighborhood, which is bounded by Lake Street on the north, 36th Street on the south, 35W on the east, and Lyndale Avenue South on the west.
LNA is an aspirational organization. Big ideas guide our work. We are committed to making our neighborhood more vital, equitable, livable, and sustainable – by building relationships, by engaging ALL community members fairly, by advocating for equitable and accessible development of the built environment, and by acting as stewards of our natural environment.
LNA organizes community events, projects, and programs; connects residents to important resources; and advocates for policies that improve the lives of Lyndale residents. Our work is rooted in social justice, community connectedness, environmental consciousness, and the diversity of cultures and worldviews that makes us who we are.