Building owners and commercial tenants (with property owner’s approval) can apply for a Great Streets Façade grant if:
- They are located within the Lyndale neighborhood AND
- The façade improvements are for a commercial business or commercial building.
Some business might also qualify for additional Building Security Grants through the Lake Street Council.
Matching grants range from $5,000 to $10,000 depending on where your property is in Lyndale. This reimbursement program can help pay for:
- Exterior painting or the restoration including masonry repairs and tuck pointing
- Repair or replacement of architecturally appropriate windows and doors
- Canopy or awning installation or repair
- Installation or repair of exterior signage including wall, window, hanging, and monument signs advertising the business name
- Exterior lighting
If you want to discuss your project and see what grant funds you might qualify for, please contact the LNA Acting Director Sarah Linnes-Robinson at email@example.com or call 612-824-9403.
More about the Great Streets program in the City of Minneapolis
More about the Lake Street Council’s program